Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Postpandrial Thanksgiving

Hi Alts everywhere,
Hope all the celebrations went well. Thought it might be fun to share one or two items that turned out really well, and one that didn't. For me the turkey (even though I relied on the little plastic pop up for when done-don't tell the foodie high priests) was great, was brined, looked great, and was moist, along with the chestnut dressing. The other dish I liked was a sweet potato gratin with coconut milk, pureed chilpotles in adobo, minced ginger, garlic, and allspice powdered on top. My brussels this year disappointed me, blanched, sauteed in some bacon, maple syrup, and soy. They tasted metallic. Don't know if they were too old, I cooked them too long, the maple, soy, and bacon came together in some strange way.

Have a great rest of the weekend!! Current Kindle book I am reading is The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson

No comments:

Post a Comment